For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and UK data protection laws, the controller is MFG UK Limited.
MFG UK Limited are committed to protecting your privacy and providing you with a positive experience on our websites and in using our products and services (“Solution” or “Solutions”).
This Privacy Statement applies to MFG UK Limited websites and solutions that link to or reference this statement and describes how we handle personal data and the choices available to you regarding collection, use, access, and how to update and correct your personal data. Additional information on our personal data practices may be provided in supplemental privacy statements or notices provided prior to or at the time of data collection.
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may collect data, including personal data, about you as you use our websites, services and solutions and interact with us. “Personal data” is any information that can be used to identify an individual, and may include name, address, email address, phone number, login information (account number, password) and marketing preferences.
We collect personal data for a variety of reasons, such as:
- Providing you with a newsletter subscription.
- Sending marketing communications.
- Creating an account.
- Enabling the use of certain features of our solutions.
- Personalizing your experience.
- Providing customer service.
- Managing a job application.
In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes MFG UK Limited would contact you for additional consent.
USES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
MFG UK Limited will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavor to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. MFG UK Limited is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
MFG UK Limited may use your personal data for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving our services and solutions, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law. Some of the ways we may use personal data include:
- Delivering a Solution, you have requested.
- Analyzing, supporting, and improving our Solutions and your online experience.
- Personalising websites, newsletters and other communications.
- Sending communications to you, including for marketing or customer satisfaction purposes
We will always respect your wishes in respect of what type of communications you want to receive from us and how you want to receive them. There are some communications, however, that we need to send you regardless of your marketing preferences in order for us to fulfil our contractual obligations to you as a customer of ours. Examples of these essential service communications are:
- Records of transactions, such as payment receipts, order confirmation, delivery information
- Service related mailings
- Companies to whom we have provided warranties
You are in control of how we communicate with you. You can update your choices and/or your contact details by contacting us at:
Telephone: 0118 914 8800
Post: MFG UK Limited Unit 4a, Theale Lakes Business Park, Moulden Way, Sulhamstead, RG7 4GB
You can opt out of communications at any time via your account or in the footer of each email we send you or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
By submitting your email address on any of the embedded contact forms on our website, you are consenting to MFG contacting you regarding your query. You will also be added to our email marketing list, which you can opt-out from at any time, in-line with standard data processing rules.
Examples of web forms include: Our contact page and Microsoft 365 Cost Calculator Form.
Like many websites, MFG UK Limited uses automatic data collection tools, such as cookies and embedded web links. These tools collect certain standard information that your browser sends to our website. Examples include your browser type and the address of the website from which you arrived at our website, the region or general location where your computer or device is accessing the internet, browser type and operating system.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
We do not sell or share your personal data for other organisations to use, other than as set out below.
- We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here.
- We use Lead Forensics to track activity on the website including the user’s IP address and date the visited the website. It does not, provide information on who has visited the website, just the company the IP address belongs to, which is on the public domain. leadforensics.com.
Through browsing our website (via Google Analytics or Lead Forensics) we may also collect information about:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address. This is a number automatically assigned to your computer or device whenever you connect to the Internet. It is a unique address assigned by your Internet service provider or IT department on a TCP/IP network. Among other things, the IP address allows web servers to locate and identify your device.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data with third parties for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving, and customising our service and solutions
Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with MFG UK Limited’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
MFG UK limited at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If MFG UK Limited does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of MFG UK Limited or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
MFG UK Limited accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
Passport, driving license, birth certificate, utility bill (from last 3 months).
Under the GDPR you have the following rights:
- To obtain access to, and copies of, the personal data that we hold about you;
- To require that we cease processing your personal data if the processing is causing you damage or distress;
- To require us not to send you marketing communications;
- To require us to erase your personal data;
- To require us to restrict our data processing activities;
- To receive from us the personal data we hold about you which you have provided to us, in a reasonable format specified by you, including for the purpose of you transmitting that personal data to another data controller; and
- To require us to correct the personal data we hold about you if it is incorrect.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply. You can find out more about your rights at www.ico.org.uk.
- By post: Unit 4a, Theale Lakes Business Park, Moulden Way, Sulhamstead, RG7 4GB
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0)118 914 8800
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal data, you can make a complaint to www.ico.org.uk.
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. If we modify our Privacy Statement, we will post the revised version here, with an updated revision date. You agree to visit these pages periodically to be aware of and review any such revisions. If we make material changes to our Privacy Statement, we may also notify you by other means prior to the changes taking effect, such as by posting a notice on our websites or sending you a notification. By continuing to use our website or Solutions after such revisions are in effect, you accept and agree to the revisions and to abide by them.
This policy was last updated on 14th May 2021
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
We have put in place appropriate security procedures and technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information and ensure that it is processed lawfully which includes limited access, use of secure passwords and two-factor authentication as appropriate.
You can find out more about your rights under applicable data protection laws from the Information Commissioner’s Office website: www.ico.org.uk.